Theater for Change
Using interactive theater to promote inclusive teaching and learning.
Theater for Change is a collaboration between the University of Washington Center for Teaching and Learning and Memory War Theater. TfC uses Theater of the Oppressed and other interactive theater approaches to:
- Advance community dialogue among faculty, students, staff educators, and academic administrators about creating inclusive teaching and learning environments.
- Generate and rehearse a variety of responses to challenging situations related to classroom and institutional climate.
- Promote performance pedagogies (i.e., active learning and multi-modal pedagogical approaches) in educational settings.
As a co-sponsored program of the Center for Teaching and Learning and Memory War Theatre, Theater for Change provides a variety of pedagogical and instructional support to the University of Washington community.
TfC offers free consultations, and a range of fee based services, including:
- Interactive workshops for faculty, staff educators and student leaders
- Professional development workshops with departments on issues related to inclusivity and diversity
- Class visits
- Collaboration with graduate student groups
- Learning communities
- Workshops at local, non-UW campuses